Vi Agroforestry is a Swedish development cooperation organisation, fighting poverty and working with sustainable agriculture and land management through agroforestry. Our vision is a sustainable environment that enables women and men living in poverty to improve their lives. We do this together with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organisations in four countries: Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Rwanda. Agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and an increased income. Agroforestry also contributes to the mitigation of climate change and protects against the negative effects of climate change. Vi Agroforestry also works with carbon offset for the benefit of the farmers in the cooperation countries. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has planted over 134 million trees and in the last 10 years reached over 2,5 million people through education, advise and services.
As the Carbon offset and fundraising officer, you are responsible for Vi Agroforestry’s thematical expertise on carbon offset and the administration of carbon credits, as well as the collaboration and sales to larger costumers. You will act as Vi Agroforestry’s spokesperson in relation to carbon offset questions. Internally you will coordinate carbon offset work with region and countries as well as with Head Office and other stakeholders.
Further the position has the responsibility to work with innovative funding, and is responsible for collaboration with Swedish based private institutional funding as the Post Code Lottery. The position has extensive collaboration with the marketing department as well as with the advocacy department.
To succeed in this position, you have a good knowledge of climate change issues and particularly the climate offset working area. You also need to be familiar with working in an international setting with different levels from farmers, partner organisations through country and regional office to head office and different other stakeholders as funders and investors. You need to be confident in what you do, meticulous, have experience in working with contracts and complex issues.
You need to have analytical skills and a strategic outlook and work pro-actively with funders and business partners. You work innovatively, know how to identify opportunities and act upon them responsibly. You are socially skilled and share Vi Agroforestry’s vision and values.
- University degree or equivalent within a relevant field
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and in Swedish.
- Excellent sense of structure and detail, and experience in calculations.
- Experience in contract management.
- Experience from a variety of back-donor funding including institutional funding, foundations, and private sector.
- Experience in business collaboration and innovative funding.
- Experience from participating in seminars and events and, talk to large groups and present complex information in a pedagogical way.
- Experience of working with development cooperation, and particularly with civil society.
- Knowledge and experience of agroforestry, biodiversity, and poverty reduction.
- Education in and engagement for environmental and climate change questions, in relation to people’s livelihoods.
- Other relevant languages such as French, Swahili, etc.
The employment is a temporary position at 75% of full time. Start date 15 August 2020 and ends 31 May 2021.
Vi Agroforestry strives for diversity in the organisation and welcome applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.