- Organization: Vi Agroforestry
- Location: Stockholm
- Grade: Mid level – Mid level
- Occupational Groups:
- Operations and Administrations
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Democratic Governance
- Internal audit, Investigation and Inspection
- Civil Society and Local governance
- Safeguarding and Accountability
- Closing Date: 2023-01-27
Vi Agroforestry were founded by the Swedish cooperative movement with the overall objective to work in the principles of non-discrimination, meaningful participation, accountability, transparency, empowerment and continues learning. Vi Agroforestry work for a world free from poverty and injustice and we know from experience that people are stronger together.
Vi Agroforestry has for a long time shared resouces for management support and fundraising with We Effect. As per February 2023 Vi Agroforestry will operate as an individual organisation with its own staff and resources. this role as controller will form a part of this nyew and revised organisation. Vi Agroforestry will consist of 14 employees in Sweden and approximaterly 30 employees in East Africa – Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
The purpose of this position is to support the organization to reach the overall objective of Vi Agroforestry through establishing frameworks, policies and routines for management and control as well as monitoring, follow-up and continuous improvements on compliance on the organisations’ policies and routines.
This role reports to Director of Management Support Department and works closely with the Finance/HR officer as well as external partners providing outsorced services.
This role works in close cooperation with all departments.
- Establish frameworks, policies, strategies and processes for managment and control of business operations and HR – stipulated by laws, agreements and general praxis
- Responsible for the risk assessment for the organization´s ability to conduct business
- Follow up on compliance to laws, regulations, conditions, policies etc
- Responsible for Due diligence/
anti corruption measurement
- Management of the Whistle blowing system
- Coordinate, develop and implement projects and activities within the area of management and control.
- Provide support and capacity building to the whole organisation (including the region) within established frameworks and processes; delegation of authority, decision-making procedure, HR, management, procurement, anti corruption measurement, code of conduct and similar business operation frameworks.
- Provide support in the long term strategic and annual work plan process.
- Contribute to the annual budget and following up processes
- Responsible for establishing relevant KPI:s within the area
- Provide documents and presentations to the Board
- Ensure and promote a rights-based approach in all work that we do
- Contribute to development and implementation of budget and work plan for projects and activities within the organization.
- Contribute to effective cooperation between staff in the global organisation.
- Contribute to a healthy work environment at the workplace.
- Upon request from the manager fulfil other tasks at the organisation as and when required.
- Relevant degree at university level – preferably within business administration, political science or law school – or equivalent knowledge required in other ways.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Ability to use knowledge and experience from work within the compliance area
- A good understanding of Finance Management
- A good understanding of Human Resource Management
- Strong communication skills in Swedish and English, both written and spoken
- Experience of working with management systems and knowledge of ISO 9001.
- An additional language
- Experience of development cooperation donor relations, especially Sida and EU
- Experience from working with civil society, preferably in a development cooperation context.
- Interest in and knowledge of agroforestry, climate change, biodiversity and environment.
Desired personal competencies
- Strategic and conceptual thinking
- Planning and structure
- Communication skills
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.