Vi Agroforestry is a human rights-based organisation. The core values of non-discrimination, meaningful participation, accountability, transparency, empowerment and continued learning guide all work – including the work with partners. People are stronger together and sustainable development requires respect for human rights, democracy and the environment. Through all actions, Vi Agroforestry therefore seeks to live by the principles of respect, transparency and together.
- To promote and support the interest of Vi Agroforestry
- Be committed to and contribute to the fulfilment of the Vi Agroforestry Strategy
- Ensure and promote rights-based approach in all that we do.
- Ensure adherence to Vi Agroforestry policies, guidelines, operating procedures and workplans.
- Ensure compliance to donor requirements.
- Ensure high quality in all that we do.
- Be committed to fight corruption and fraud and always report when there is any kind of suspicion.
- Ensure that gender is mainstreamed, and Gender Transformation is promoted in all our operations.
- Keep abreast with the development in your area of responsibility.
- Liaise with partner organisations, researchers, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to effective cooperation between staff in the global organization.
- Contribute to a healthy work environment at the workplace.
- Support teamwork and assist each other as needs arise.
- Upon request from the manager fulfil other tasks at the country office/regional office or department level.
- Keep your manager updated on opportunities and challenges as well as on the progress on your assignments. Make sure you inform your manager well in advance if you have difficulties to meet your deadlines.
- Contribute to development and implementation of risk management plans, workplans and budgets for the office.
- Overall management of the Country Office.
- Overall responsible for the implementation of programs and projects and contribution to the program targets.
- Responsible for internal control, compliance and quality assurance of all operations
- Overall responsible for finance management including budget, financial reports, audits, handling of incidents.
- Responsible for resource mobilisation.
- Responsible for staff management including team building and a healthy and sustainable working environment.
- Represent the organization and build strong relationship with donors, relevant development actors, other relevant stakeholders, and networks relevant for the operations in the country.
- Ensure development and follow up of the annual work plan and the risk register for the Country office.
- Responsible for internal and external communication.
- Actively take part in RD/CM-group, the Extended Country Managers meeting and other joint meetings.
- Any other task assigned by the Regional Director
- At least University level in a relevant area (leadership, agroforestry/agriculture or other relevant area)
Other professional qualifications:
- At least 7 years’ experience of Leadership
- At least 5 years’ experience from development collaboration including experience from project management, compliance with donor requirement and from resource mobilisation
- Experience form budgeting, financial reporting and procurement regulations
- Experience from staff management
- For Tanzania: Kiswahili
- Strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Leadership skills
- Accountable, honest, responsible and trust building personality
- Respectful and Transparent
- Good planning and analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Collaborative skills
- Structured personality
- Flexible and creative personality
- Self-driven personality
Your application and CV should be sent to email@example.com no later than 2023-11-22. Your application documents should be in English and no direct linkes to Linkedin will be answered. Interviews continuously and the position might be filled before due date.
The employment is a fixed term position for two years, with possibility of extension. Start date as soon as possible.
Vi Agroforestry strives for diversity in the organisation and welcome applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
For more information
Gudrun Boström, Regional director firstname.lastname@example.org