About the position
Vi Agroforestry Head Office in Stockholm Sweden is looking for a coordinator for the organisation’s Resource mobilisation work. As Vi Agroforestry is working in four countries in Eastern Africa with an outlook into the region, most work will geographically focus on this area. The position is placed at the Vi Agroforestry Department at Head Office in Sweden as part of a small team of specialists in our areas. The position will have a close working relation with the Regional Office in Nairobi and the Country Offices in Kenya (Kitale), Uganda (Kampala), Tanzania (Mwanza) and Rwanda (Kigali), and resource mobilisation staff at those offices.
Resource mobilization duties in Vi Agroforestry comprises the overall strategical responsibility for the funding of the strategy when it comes to institutional funding from public sources, but also from global private foundations. For Swedish private foundations there is a coordination with the Marketing department at Head Office.
- Lead and coordinate the strategic work of resource mobilization in the organization
- Develop and follow up resource mobilisation strategies and targets
- Develop and perform the different steps in the resource mobilization cycle, including tools, M&E and learning in the area of resource mobilization
- Provide support in proposal writing/concept notes
- Ensure submission of high-quality grants proposals to institutional donors and foundations.
- Assess and plan capacity development in the area of resource mobilization together with responsible for resource mobilization in the region
- Be responsible for the compliance and archiving in systems in regard to resource mobilization
- Contribute to knowledge exchange and learning within the organization.
- Be responsible for an additional area that could vary according to the applicant’s interest and experience (I.e right to food, gender equality, environment, climate change, biodiversity, resilience, nexus issues, conflict sensitivity, civil society strengthening, human rights-based approach). Please explain which in the application.
- Represent Vi Agroforestry in relevant networks, events and conferences.
- Master’s degree from a relevant field such as social sciences, political science, international relations or similar.
- Excellent knowledge of Swedish public funding (Sida) as well as EU funding and other global funding (preferably in the area of agriculture, agroforestry, biological diversity, climate change, right to food and nexus questions).
- At least five years’ experience from the development cooperation sector
- At least two years’ experience working with development cooperation projects in a developing country.
- Proven experience of successful resource mobilization, including experience from Swedish Institutional funds and EU funds
- Experience from strategical work in resource mobilization
- Experience in work with multiple and complex donors, including donor assessments.
- Project leading experience
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong skills in written and spoken Swedish
- Experience from working with different types of organisations and cooperatives, and with farmers organisations.
- Good understanding of Swahili.
- Experience of work with one or more of Vi Agroforestry’s working areas/mainstreaming areas
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication and pedagogical skills
- Flexibility and ability to adapt work to shifting contexts, situations and needs
- Be able to both lead teams and to be led, being a part of a team and to collaborate.
- Have excellent ability to deliver results and meet deadlines
- Aptitude for learning new ways of doing things to maintain relevant and up to date on trends.
The employment is a permanent position, full-time, with a six months’ probation period. Start date as soon as possible. Please note that the position requires that the candidate have permission to live and work in Sweden (i.e. hold an EU work permit)
Vi Agroforestry works actively with diversity and inclusion in the organisation. We welcome applicants regardless of sex, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnicity, religious belief, political opinion, national extraction, social origin, HIV/AIDS status, age, disability, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, and/or trade union membership or activities.
For more information about the position, please contact:
Eva Åberg, Director Vi Agroforestry, email@example.com
Ingrid Wibom, Head of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lotta Nannmark, Unionen, email@example.com
If you want to alert We Effect on suspected discriminiation, corruption or other serious misconduct during the recuritment process, do not hesitate to use our Whistleblowing System.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify. Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.