Programme Officer Resource Mobilisation
Vi Agroforestry (Vi-skogen) is a Swedish development cooperation organisation, fighting poverty and working with sustainable agriculture and land management through agroforestry – growing trees alongside crops and livestock. We do this together with small-holder farming families and farmers’ organisations in four countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda) in and near the Lake Victoria Basin in East Africa. Agroforestry provides increased access to food, access to sustainable energy sources and more income. Agroforestry also contributes to the mitigation of climate change and protects against the negative effects of climate change. Since its inception in 1983, Vi Agroforestry has reached over 2,3 million people through education, advisory and services.
Vi Agroforestry is now recruiting a programme officer to the Vi Agroforestry Department in Stockholm.
The programme officer contributes to the quality of proposals and to increased and diversified the funding from donors such as Sida and EU. You contribute to strenghtened donor relations, supporting the region in finding new resource mobilisation opportunities, and you are looking into alternative financing models to finance operations in the region.
The role requires close coordination and cooperation with programme staff in the region, including both regional and country offices, as well as with staff at head office.
The programme officer will be focal point for one or two of the following mainstreaming issues: gender, conflict and human rights based approach, environment, climate change and resilience.
Main responsibilities are:
• Provide clear direction and structure for the planning, follow-up and results reporting of development programmes
• Gather experiences and develop new knowledge on how to effectively plan, implement and follow-up rights-based programmes
• Ensure that the organisations have adequate and up-dated tools for resource mobilisation
• Through trainings, capacity building and practical support contribute to the overall capacity of the organisation to plan, implement and follow-up rights-based development programmes in the area of Vi Agroforestry’s operations
• Provide quality assurance and support programme development and reporting processes
• Project coordination for various interventions within proposal development, reporting, and development of global tools.
In this position you need to be analytical and have strong problem-solving, communicative and pedagogical skills. You need to be flexible and able to adapt to work to shifting contexts, situations and needs. As a co-worker you enjoy working in collaboration with colleagues from different departments and offices and you are used to work in an international setting. Your ability to work on an elevated level of independence is strong and you deliver results. You share Vi Agroforestry’s vision of a just world free from poverty.
• University degree within a relevant field
• At least 2 years’ experience of working with development cooperation
• Excellent theoretical understanding and practical experience of resource mobilisation
• Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of content related to climate change, resilience and biodiversity preferably within rural development and community development
• Experience from providing capacity building, advisory support and facilitation
• Experience as project coordinator
• Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
• Experience of working with cross-cutting development perspectives, such as environment/climate change, conflict sensitivity and gender
• Experience of work with civil society and rights-based approach
• Experience of Swedish development cooperation policy and EU development cooperation policies.
Apply by uploading your CV and cover letter to Impactpool no later than 2019-08-31. Your application documents can be in Swedish or English.
The employment is a permanent position with a six months’ probation period. Extent of serivce 50% – 100%. Start date as soon as possible.
Vi Agroforestry strive for diversity in the organisation and welcome applicants regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, religious belief, or disability.
For more information
Maria Schultz, Director of Vi Agroforestry Department, email@example.com
If you have any technical difficulties uploading the application, please contact Impactpool.